Sunday 14 April 2019

newly diagnosed with type two diabetes




hello, lovelies! so I thought I would have a little catch up!  so the end of 2018 ended very shit! I was newly diagnosed with type two diabetes and I thought it was the end of the world I thought wow this is going to kill me I'm not going to do very well I've seen so many people with this illness and it's killing them day by day! so I went home and had a very bad break down crying for the next week and a half just staying in bed feeling so sad, then my husband sat me down and said babes we have got this you are going to be just fine!

the story behind how I knew I had diabetes I just keep feeling so sleepy all the time and this was on 14 - 16 hours of sleep I was so thirsty all the time I would drink 3 litters of water-juice a day for about 2 years and I just knew that it wasn't good I kept saying to the doctors I think I have diabetes and they just gave that look they know what's right! they would just say its probably just my iron levels which were always up and down so i thought nothing about it and just got on with my life and So i had an appointment about a recurring infection I kept getting, which was that bad it made me so poorly! the doctor that I saw also was one of the best doctors in the surgery who is actually really had to get an appointment with! so i took my opportunity and thought why  not bring up diabetes too her and she said I think that's a very good idea asked me about the symptoms i have been having and said okay its time we tested you for diabetes so she made me the following appointment for blood work and fasting bloodwork I had to have no food for  half a day and the next day I had my appointment they took 3 vials of blood made me feel like shit because I had not eaten or drunk thing other than water in 12 hours, went home and had a brew and some chocolate all happy with myself but I had gone to see a friend with the same thing and she had a glucose tester so I asked her to test me to find out that it was 28.5 which was very very hight! 

the and then the next day I woke up with a missed call and a voice mail from the doctors saying I need to make an emergency appointment straight away! by this time I hadn't even realized that I had this message or miss cal and it was after hours which made me break down thinking I had to be there that day now it's too late! lol, head of an anxious person lol. so the next day I phoned them again and they said that I needed to go in that day so yet again anxiety attacks all around it then go to the time I went to the doctors and there was another doctor there which made me think shit whos this why do I have two doctors in the room that never happened! so she sat me down and said do you want a job I was like huh? she said for collecting autoimmune illnesses? I was like oh I have diabetes don't I? she said yes you do I'm sorry its type two though so not all bad! I just sat there a said I already knew I had it and my husband turned around and said you did didn't you, babes! but my blood work came back dangerously high to the point I needed to do a 3 month NO sugar and come back to see what's going on my diagnoses was in October so I had to go no sugar all the way through Xmas which meant all the traditions were a no :( I felt so alone and upset why did I have to get this immune disorder! I was a mess everybody sat eating chocolate and cakes and I wasn't allowed them because I didn't know where I could get these things from without sugar! so after the 3 months was over,  

so in January after the no sugar what so ever and some light exercises, I had to have yet another fasting and bloodwork after that appointment I had to make another emergency appointment because the no sugar and the exercise isn't working and it is still quite high so I have had to go on metformin which they give to people who need a little bit more help trying to low the levels, this is my second month on this medication I feel so poorly and it's making me feel sick so much! but in the last 6 months, I have gone from a size 18-20 to a 12-14 I have lost over 4 stone! I have another appointment next month to see how the metformin is doing if that's not working I will have to go on the infections of insulin! so pray for me lol, I don't wanna have to go into that form of medication! 


so the last 6 months have been so hard but I am feeling quite positive and happy and ive just been told that I don't need to take iron anymore which has made me so happy because that made me feel like my insides didn't wanna be there anymore haha! so I started yoga 11 weeks ago and that is making me feel so good! and it's helping with my mental health and my muscle disorder! but that another story ;) if you feel like you have diabetes or feel like you think somebody else has please don't be scared to fight with the doctors please get tested for it, there are so many complications from this illness that I would wish I got tested earlier thankyou for reading and please message me if you have any questions :) my email is xheatherlouisedillonx@gmail.com <3 lots of love lovelies <3 














No comments:

Post a Comment