27 Problems Only Introverts Will Understand [BUZZFEED]
1. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
2. When people mistake your thoughtful look for resting bitch face.
3. When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you don’t want to sound like a dick by saying, “no.”
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that you’re missing out on time with friends.
5. And the fear that by doing so, you’re slowly turning into a hermit…
6. Who will likely die alone.
7. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
8. When people stop inviting you places, because you keep canceling plans.
9. Too many social obligations + no alone time = a total grump.
10. When you’re asked to do a group project, and know that you’re going to hate every minute of it.
11. When your ride at a party doesn’t want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
12. When you hear this question, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
13. When you hear, “Are you OK?” or “Why are you so quiet?” for the umpteenth time.
14. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt, so your crush doesn’t think you hate them.
15. That feeling of dread that washes over you when the phone rings and you’re not mentally prepared to chat.
16. When you have to deal with that one friend who ALWAYS wants to hang out, and you ALWAYS have to say this:
17. When you have an awesome night out, but have to deal with feeling exhausted for days after the fact.
18. When people pressure you to be more social, whether you like it or not.
19. When you’re really excited to go out, but those good feelings don’t last long enough.
20. When you’re trying to get something done at work, but you can’t, because everyone else is talking.
21. When someone calls you out for daydreaming too much.
22. When you carry a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.
23. When people make you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.
24. When someone interrupts your thoughts, and you get irrationally angry.
25. When people can’t seem to grasp that being in small groups is where you excel the most.
26. And when you need to be completely alone so you can recharge and get back to being awesome.